On 26-Mar-2014 09:36 -0700, Jack Kingsley wrote:
Does anyone know of an API call where you could pass parms to rename
objects from one profile to another based on library name/object
name.

Presumably that was meant to read "... to change ownership of objects from..."? The command CHGOBJOWN does that; as an effective API, as are just about any IBM i OS CL commands. Similarly, the CHGOWN command for non /QSYS.LIB objects.

I know there is outfile support for DSPUSRPRF type(*OBJOWN), but
didn't want to have to start from scratch

Just about any CLP with both DCLF and a coded loop on RCVF is likely a decent model for such a [seemingly simple] project. The CL command is coded with the field names from the record format of the output file (OUTFILE), to provide the inputs for the owned objects; the new owner and other parameters not available from the OutFile must be hard-coded or generated\determined by the logic of the program.

However, IIRC, the DSPUSRPRF TYPE(*OBJOWN) OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) support implemented with the model file QADSPUPO in QSYS with record format QSYDSUPO [still] provides support only for /QSYS.LIB objects.

and I really don't want to page through <ed: many> pages of screens
using option 9.

The menu capability generally, and specifically from the request to the "Work with Objects by Owner" menu presented for WRKOBJOWN QDFTOWN, allows specifying the parameters for those multiple choices of the same option to be specified on the command line. Then when Enter is pressed or F4=Prompt is pressed, all of those options apply the same parameter specifications from the command line [labeled "Parameters or command". If prompted, then Enter is required for each prompted request, but that allows changing the values for each pre-filled parameter obtained from the command-line. Thus if 9=Change Owner is chosen against many pages of items [very quick and easy if auto-repeat is quick, noting that spill-over of extra characters onto the command line is easily ignored because being sloppy in selecting is a non-issue], then after all of a group of objects similar in their requirement for NEWOWN() specifications can be processed with just one Enter.