So far I've only skimmed bits and pieces, but my overall impression is
very favorable. I think it's a valuable contribution and worthwhile
reading for an overwhelming portion of the IBM i (and predecessors)
community.

I did stumble upon one thing I've got a quibble with: On page 615, in
the Java myths section, it says "[The Classic JVM] was ported from the
original Oracle version, which resulted in performance issues." I
think it should say Sun instead of Oracle there, because Oracle wasn't
even in the picture until years later. On page 602, under the heading
"Classic JVM", it mentions the "Sun specification" for Java, and
Oracle is (justifiably) nowhere to be found.

I cannot stress enough that what I've read thus far is high quality
stuff, in line with what I've come to expect from IBM manuals and
Redbooks.

John Y.