On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 4:35 PM, Stone, Joel <Joel.Stone@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Why doesn't LEFT(fieldname,10) shorten the field for display?

Honestly, I think the main reason is that the development team didn't
care to. It wasn't a priority. I don't believe there is a compelling
technical reason why it couldn't be made to.

That said, I'm not sure I would have made it a priority either.
Personally, I don't think of STRSQL as a full-fledged reporting tool.
I see it as an impromptu query tool. It's also a quick way to check
my logic or my SQL syntax when I'm working on a Real Program (tm) that
uses SQL. For these uses, visual polish isn't critical.

John Y.