On 22-Mar-2014 08:51 -0700, Gad Miron wrote:

I've found that the SQL Packages were not created in the first place
due to lack of authority.
Once authority was granted I've managed to successfully configure
the Linked Server and it is working fine (so far).

For the archives, for the benefit of others who might follow, perhaps what was the Grant Object Authority (GRTOBJAUT) [or similar] request performed to effect the [presumed] resolution, could be included.? I suspect possibly, something like the following was required\effected, because the SQL packages default to being created in the library QGPL?:

GRTOBJAUT OBJ(QGPL) OBJTYPE(*LIB) USER(whomever) AUT(*ADD)