RTVDIRINF and what it revealed

fixed

I ran the RTVDIRINF command and managed to bang together some SQL that gives me a list of every directory, the size of everything in that directory, the number of stream files in the directory and the number of directories in the directory. Now I can sort this multiple ways to find out how the IFS is being used. (It kind of "growed".)

A couple of things jumped out:

Directory /instancecache/relationships has 10,887 stream files.
Directory /instancecache/resources has 10,727 stream files.

They take about 85 mb each, and seem to be all .XML files. They appear to be IBM created, having a line like this at the beginning:

ResourceInstance xmlns="http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/prod/SystemsManagement/v2.0/ResourceCollection"; schemaVersion="2.0" modelVersion="6.3.0"

Does anyone else have files like this? What have you done about them? If anything…

Thanks, Sam