Thank you for the responses but we are using virtual tape so there is no I/O slots or doors.

We will try some of the suggestions and see where we end up at.

Dave Willenborg

---- rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Any of the newer media libraries have a web interface option. Use it. I
find it's faster to see how many empty slots (when your tape library has
100+ slots) to use the web interface than
That command is a dog.

You can also use it to move tapes from I/O slots to regular slots. Pull a
tape out of the drive, etc. Granted, you're often better off to use the
actual BRMS commands but there are times...

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738