Re: BRMS And VTL

fixed

We only load up our tape library once a week. Yet we remove our tapes
daily. On the day that we load up our tapes we fill our 18 I/O slots and
then run
ADDMLMBRM MLB(TAPKVL01) ADDVOL(*NO)
This moves the tapes from the I/O slots and also puts them into the proper
state.
We repeat as necessary. (We can't fit a weeks worth with only 18 I/O
slots - five lpars use this.)
When that is done we run WRKMEDBRM LOC(TAPKVL01) SYSNAME(*ALL) and ensure
that they are truly expired tapes, and not flagged as *ERR. Then we run
STRBALBRM ACTION(*BALANCE) MEDCLS(ULTRIUM4) LOC(TAPKVL01).
STRBALBRM MEDCLS(ULTRIUM4) LOC(TAPKVL01)

Now, I've heard excellent people, whom I highly respect, say you need to
run commands like WRKTAPCTG and SETTAPCGY. It often goes months before I
ever have to use these commands now that I do everything with BRMS. Back
when I had the tape library, and fought BRMS I ended up using those
commands daily. Now I only use them if something has really gone haywire
with the tape library.

But the command you're looking for is probably that ADDMLMBRM.