Slow things since the weekend

fixed

Strange coincidence or some other problem?

Starting this week (after DST change - one of my users said "this always seems to happen when the time changes" I said "hmmm"), three processes are extremely slow compared to last week.

First notice was Canon D1180 printer that now takes 30 seconds to start printing (PND to WTR). SCS printouts send at usual speedy rate after that. If the output is PCL (from Formsprint), it takes even longer to send to the printer. Very slow. Also happens to a second D1180 that we have. Other Canon printer/copiers and HP printers appear to be fine.

Second notice was (starting this week) a web based, java based email system is taking more than 30 seconds to startup. Was not a problem last week and now seems to be a consistent problem.

Third thing is that IBM Navigator for i is unusable this week. Takes forever to open anything.

The second and third would be some Java problem? Would it have anything to do with the time change?