Have you ever used SDA before, for any other display files? This is no
different than how you enter literals on those display files. Look in
the InfoCenter for the manual for "Screen Design Aid" ... do a google
search for "os/400 screen design aid" (without quotes) to find the manuals.
Note that SDA is a very old tool. Using SDA, you will end up with two
source members and three objects (a *MENU object, a display file and a
message file) to implement your "menu" ...
I suggest you would be better served to take a few minutes to learn how
to create a UIM *MENU -- see the Application Display Programming Manual
for details. Do a google search for "os/400 application display
programming" (without quotes) to find the manuals for that.
All the best,
Mark S. Waterbury
> On 3/11/2014 12:18 PM, Laine, Rogers wrote:
I'm trying to create a Menu the Operators can use to do certain functions using SDA.
These are my steps...
2. Select option 2 Design Menus
3. Use source file QMNUSRC, Library SYST012, Menu NOCMENU1
4. On the Specify Menu Functions, enter "Y" for work with menu image and commands.
5. The NOCMENU1 Menu screen appears with Option 1 -10 blank.
6. On this menu I'm unable to determine how to enter the descriptions for each option 1-10. The cursor will not move to each option line. When I select F10 it allows me to enter the commands for the options.
So how do I enter the option descriptions on this screen?
This E-Mail transmission (and/or the documents accompanying it)
may contain information belonging to the sender which is confidential,
privileged and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. The
information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity
named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any
action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this E-Mail transmission in error,
please immediately notify us by return E-Mail or telephone to arrange
for return of its contents including any documents.