I really think it still matters how your work management is set up. It just isn't true that Power7 doesn't need memory management.

OTOH, were you at 6.1 or 7.1 on the 520 LPARs? If not, there is object conversion to consider.

What is system values QCTLSBSD? If it is QSYS/QBASE, that needs to be changed, to QSYS/QCTL in order to have better control and not to have contention in *BASE - that contention can slow you down.