Do you use BRMS?
What size are your 2 partitions?
I'm currently researching disk backup solutions.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of franz400
Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2014 1:38 PM
To: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: appliance and cloud backup

Have reviewed multiple threads on cloud stuff last year.

I'm not asking for a basic knowledge of the process, but asking for the good and the bad of what you implemented. I've already contacted several vendors.

This is not a small installation, but upgrading from old hardware and methods.
Current backup 2 partitions nightly to 3590 tape(whole libraries, not chgobj).
No current journaling. Total of tab on i (internal drives, 50% IFS) and growing 20% yr.
Re-evaluating DR for i and Win, and need to ensure i side works well.
Need quick local restore, plus total recoverability.
Do have an existing contract for recoverability to a replacement box.
One existing data center (but a "sister corp" in another state has a center...), several remote offices. Encryption/security required in a regulated industry.

Jim Franz