From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steinmetz, Paul
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2014 3:31 PM
To: 'midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Checking object create dates

I'm working on a utility to find objects that exist in a
custom/emergency fix library that would have a create date lt the create
date of the object in the standard library, thus sign of an issue.
Utility done, working.
However, I found a scenario where we received a new object (*prtf) for
an upgrade. Because we change some print attributes on a few of these,
we place a copy of these prtf file objects in the fix library.
The upgrade is done, replacing the objects in the standard library.
Here's the issue.

The prtf object in the fix library was created with crtdupobj, prior to
the upgrade being done.
Creation date/time . . . . . . . . . : 08/15/11 10:41:44
The prtf object in the standard library has a create date for the day of
the upgrade.
Creation date/time . . . . . . . . . : 08/28/11 10:49:35

The objects are valid, but being flagged because of the create date
issue.
I'm looking for some other field on the object, not finding any.

Many of our upgrade processes do this. The upgrade process does a
crtdupobj, thus the object loses its original info, (create date,
created by user)

Thank You
_____
Paul Steinmetz