I'm working on a utility to find objects that exist in a custom/emergency fix library that would have a create date lt the create date of the object in the standard library, thus sign of an issue.
Utility done, working.
However, I found a scenario where we received a new object (*prtf) for an upgrade. Because we change some print attributes on a few of these, we place a copy of these prtf file objects in the fix library.
The upgrade is done, replacing the objects in the standard library.
Here's the issue.
The prtf object in the fix library was created with crtdupobj, prior to the upgrade being done.
Creation date/time . . . . . . . . . : 08/15/11 10:41:44
The prtf object in the standard library has a create date for the day of the upgrade.
Creation date/time . . . . . . . . . : 08/28/11 10:49:35
The objects are valid, but being flagged because of the create date issue.
I'm looking for some other field on the object, not finding any.
Many of our upgrade processes do this. The upgrade process does a crtdupobj, thus the object loses its original info, (create date, created by user)
IBM i Systems Administrator
Pencor Services, Inc.
462 Delaware Ave
Palmerton Pa 18071