So why can'y you allocate the IOA into the guest partition and proceed as
per the documentation ?

General list of steps I would use to achieve this:
- Allocate IOA into guest partition
- Add the disks into the ASP from the IOA (except disk to be used as Load
- Start RAID
- STRASPBAL *ENDALC on all virtual disk units
- STRASPBAL *MOVDTA to copy data from virtual disks to physical disks
- Shutdown and restart into DST
- Logical remove of Virtual Disk Units
- Copy Load Source to spare physical disk
- Shutdown
- Tag Load source as the physical adapter
- Unlink Storage spaces on virtual adapter
- Fire up the guest partition

This might need some work but I can't see why this would work.
Should be the same as if it was a new physical adapter except one set of
hardware happens to be virtual.