Hi Larry

do you happen to have any references to IBM documentation regarding network
based virtual optical devices and recovery options ?

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 8:36 AM, DrFranken <midrange@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If these partitions are in the same room this "FTP" thing is so last
decade! What you really want is a network based virtual optical drive.
With that you leave the image catalog on the system where you saved it
and restore directly to the new system.

Many varieties of configuration exist for your server of course. Can you
describe a little better your host and client partitions including IBM i
versions?

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com