Two thoughts. I should warn you I have no idea what a *PAGSEG object
even is, but the way you're talking about them makes them sound like
some kind of image, which you can sort of embed or link in a printer

First crazy, naive idea: Can you print each separately? You said
you'd like one on the left and the corresponding one on the right, but
are having trouble using multiple libraries "in one pass". So how
about using two passes? If you can physically print out each
library's *PAGSEG on its own, then could you just put the pieces of
paper they printed out on next to each other? Yeah, with 500 objects
(or pairs of objects), that would potentially be lots of paper, but
other than being wasteful and low-tech, it would work, no?

Second crazy, more technical idea: Is there absolutely no way to
compare the objects byte-for-byte? If not directly, then perhaps
after some kind of conversion, like saving to a save file or dumping
to an IFS stream file? If not on the i5/OS side (apologies if I'm
getting the terminology wrong) then perhaps in Qshell or PASE?