Are you defining the file as SCS or AFPDS? I think you'll need to do AFPDS to get the libraries recognized.

The print writer is a completely different job and maintains its own library list. It picks up definitions from the spool file and incorporates those definitions in its library list. If you specify a library by name in those pagseg arguments, it should try to use them. There's, of course, a possibility that the user profile the print writer is running as doesn't have authority to those libraries where the pagsegs are. If it can't "see" the specified library, I'm not sure where it'll go to try to find the pagseg object.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-
bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Stone, Joel
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2014 4:09 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: similar *PAGSEG objects in two libs with same name - how to
print both next to each other

Oops - this didn't work. It seemed like such a great idea.

An idea why the library is ignored on the DDS printer definition? And how to
get the output writer to comply with the DDS specified library name?

It seems that the output writer ignores this library and always uses the *LIBL
to find the *pagseg object.

Thanks!