Cryptic request (in every sense)

fixed

One of our customers is dealing with a web site vendor, attempting to set up some sort of single-sign-on solution, tied in with the portal functionality of our Wintouch product, and the customer passed on this to us:

We have this request from our website vendor:

Ask Wintouch to generate an ssh key and send you the public key in
OpenSSH format.

Can you please help?

I can't make head or tail out of what they're talking about, even after looking up a few seemingly-relevant concepts in Wikipedia. In the first place, Wintouch is an application, not a company, and in the second place, it runs on the customer's box, not ours. So I can't even tell whether they're talking about asking Wintouch (presumably the portion of it that runs in a Tomcat server) to generate an SSH key (a function that's never been contemplated for it), or asking us to do so (which doesn't exactly make sense when it's not our box).

Can anybody else make head or tail of this?

--
JHHL