Virtual Loaner Program (VLP) IBM's

fixed

I was wonder how many of us here have tried IBM's Virtual Loaner Program or
VLP and you r opinions?

Over the holidays I decided to see what you got for 'free'. Let's say you
get what you pay for. I wasn't looking for a hot rod but a reasonable
sandbox. The base image was V7R1 with 2010 PTFs and TR1. It had WebQuery
ver 1.1.1 plus All of WDS.
Memory was 2GB and a Single Disk Drive of about 95GB.which was like 30%full.

I attempted to get PTFs current and hosed the system along the way. Guess I
need more practice get down level 7.1 system up to current levels but that
is a whole different thread. I let my reservation expire and 'might' try
this all again down the road.

So has anyone used the VLP for IBM i?