RE: Create Excel spreadsheet on iSeries unattended in batch mode

fixed

There's about a billion ways to generate simple column lists into Excel. I
think there's a command out there somewhere called SQL2XLS or some such
thing.
However, your users are going to quickly tire of simple column lists, or
they are going to be wasting time constantly reformatting these simple
column lists. And then there will come a point where it's not "email them
to everyone in the world" but instead, post it on the website for those
interested, probably in a log in only area.
What I am saying is they will want extra formatting, built in formulas,
etc. So I would skip the simple columnar output and bite the bullet right
away and learn the ways to generate your own formatting complete with
pretty lines, built in formulas and whatnot - like the Scott Klement
examples noted or some of the other alternatives.