Ok "upgraded" hmc had two of our three systems on it. At first glance I
thought it was both the remote systems. After I royally screwed up I
realized it was the local and one of the two remotes.
I used remote access to the remote HMC. It was still 'kinda' working
although it was half upset about me monkeying around with the HMC
password. I was able to fire up ASMI on that HMC. Pull up the HMC user
and change it's password. I verified the new password by adding the
system back to my local HMC and connected just fine.
Good news is that now my local HMC connects just fine to all three
Nice to finally have that working again. Been missing redundancy since,
probably, we moved machines to different cities. I forget.