Thanks! That's the software we were looking for. Already downloaded it and
will try to install it tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 7 tablet. Please excuse my brevity.
On Sep 17, 2013 10:20 PM, "Mark S Waterbury" <mark.s.waterbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi. Luis:

They have a product called "deskfIT" -- it used to be freeware /
shareware, but now they charge a (minimal) fee to license the current

I think you can still get the older version(s) for free.

Mark S. Waterbury

> On 9/17/2013 4:00 PM, Luis Rodriguez wrote:
Hi all,

Several years ago we installed a 5250-based service desk software in our
(now defunct) 270 (at that time yes, it was an iSeries :-) ) . For some
reason, our boss wants to install the same software in our V5R3 520.
Problem is, of course, that nobody remembers the name of the d... thing.

Does anybody remember an old RPG based set of utilities that allowed the
users to register service (help desk) calls? IIRC it had severity levels,
the ability to add comments, requesting user, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Luis Rodriguez