From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Charles Wilt
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2013 10:02 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: CRTDUPOBJ: how to retain the create date and usage info

Nope, try copying and pasting anything in any other OS that I know of...

The create date gets set to the current date. Last modified stays the same
at least in Win7...

Charles

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 10:27 AM, Stone, Joel <Joel.Stone@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Not "last changed" date, rather "last used date" and "create date"
intuitively should be identical when savobj/rstobj or crtdupobj is used to
dup an object.

I believe that on all other OS's that survived, creating a duplicate means
just that; an identical instance of that object. It is frustrating that
this is not possible on the "i" without MI or API programming.

I am trying to merge a rouge library into our change mgmt system. There
are 700 objects in there. It is important to retain the last-used date so
I can figure out which objects to import into our production system and
which ones to retire.

Ditto for create-date (and also for change date).

If these date stamps weren't important then why does every OS treat them
with importance - except os/400 ?

Please suggest some alternatives but the data is too important to drop.