On Thu, 06 Jun 2013 at 17:23:03 -0700, CRPence <CRPbottle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I did not read the article, although I may have in the past, so I am
not confident it is what is desired. Although "I wanted more than 512"
appears early, so likely it is a good match. I just found it with a web
search of what I either recalled or imagined someone might call their
utility to effect such a function: "EDTMSGD"

http://www.mcpressonline.com/tips-techniques/cl/techtalk-expanding-addmsgd.html

It was indeed what was needed Chuck - thanks. For my sins it had never occurred to me to search using a name that someone might have used. Makes perfect sense - just never thought of it. Useful technique for future use.

One problem - it took me three browsers (and viewing the source) before I could even see the source code. Once I did it wouldn't copy/paste worth a darn. MCPressOnline seem to be in a competition with IBM to see who can produce the least useful code samples - at least in the copy/paste sense.

I have fixed the source format and by using a 27 x 132 display file raised the limit for the length of the second level text that the command can handle from 1,200 to 2,376. In case anybody else has need of it I have posted that modified source here: http://code.midrange.com/48db2bd49d.html

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com