That document will help you control where the message is printed as it's printed to STDOUT. It won't, however, stop it being printed. To stop it being printed, you need to figure out where java.version is being placed into the system properties and remove it.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gerald Kern
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2013 3:52 PM
To: Midrange
Subject: RE: java.version message

I called IBM and opened a PMR on this one.

Dan - IBM sent me an email for a tech document that looks like it was written by Barbara, but I haven't had a chance to dig into it yet. But I will recompile the RPG programs that are calling the Java methods to see if that helps - before I dig into the tech document. If you google the line below you should be able to read the tech doc.

IBM Software Technical Document Number: 342289914

Here is the link too

Buck - when I do the wrkenvvar command from a green screen all I see is the

Thanks, Jerry

Gerald Kern - Information Technology
Programming Supervisor
IBM Certified RPG IV Developer