To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 10:17 PM
Subject: Re: How to relate performance of new models

No confusion at all, they are the same exact planar board and CPU. The
difference is the 710 is only 2U Tall so it holds less memory, cannot
accept the 'upper deck' PCI card slot extension, cannot accept internal
tape, and cannot take any 'full height' cards.

As a consequence CPU performance is the same! However 710 is aimed at
AIX and Linux because of the limited features you can install.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com
www.iInTheCloud.com