Robb, you mention a record level check with the outfile for DSPFFD. I ran into that with one of the QADB* files - I forget - but it's format was changed at 7.1

So I recommend SQL in either case. I think I found that the system catalog views did not give me what I needed for what I was doing, either, so I went directly to the QADB* files.