QADBIFLD versus DSPFFD OUTPUT(*OUTFILE)

fixed

In another thread, someone mentioned getting field information from
QADBIFLD. I wish I'd known about this years ago. Now that I do know
about it, it seems like creating an output file from DSPFFD is a slow
and clumsy way to go about getting essentially the same information.

Are there any advantages to using DSPFFD? Right now, I can think of
two: (1) arguably friendlier for interactive use; and (2) provides
buffer lengths instead of internal lengths (which makes a difference
for date, time, and timestamp fields).

John