Re: System 36 and Machine 36

fixed

On 01 Feb 2013 07:13, chamaraw@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
some of our programs are in M36 we are planning to have a new
Power 7, we want to run them as it is until we convert everything
to RPGLE/DB2.

I hope this approach is OK.

That transition requires a *migration* to the S/36EE, and therefore may be far from being able to "run them as it is until we convert". The migration itself, is already going to be a conversion. This type of migration is almost never simply a restore-and-run. Maybe I have mis-inferred, but the quoted reply seems to presume that the current environment will just restore-and-run, almost as if the expectation is that the *M36 itself could be moved to the new hardware and OS, even though several other replies have stressed otherwise.?