To the contrary; Save operations that are killed in the middle, or fail for a multitude of reasons will cause a damaged object. I've probably called in 15 - 20 PMRs over the years and had one critsit over that very topic. The critsit was while I was VP IT and we were down for several days. It happened while I as at COMMON in Nashville, I remember it vividly. Ask Larry what my mood was like that week! The only thing that made that week worse was Al Barsa passing.

You are correct that a damaged object will not be saved properly, but a save operation that fails/or is killed (end immediate) can cause a damaged object as well.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects