You've never had a damage object reported (during a save usually)?

RCLSTG is the IBM i equivalent of REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS

I've only been on the platform 16 years...but I have seen
corruption..granted I don't recall seeing it very often or on an critical
table.

So while I think the i is significantly better...it is not perfect. :)

Charles