RE: get MSGID of error that caused abend (instead of CPF9999 errorID)

fixed

Folks,

I don't remember all the parameters to commands off of the top of my head.
I prompted RCVMSG to get MSGDTA and MSGDTALEN. Then, when I determined he
wanted the combo of MSGDTA and the message text I prompted RCVMSG again
and got MSG.

How do we help people like the OP learn and develop problem solving
skills? Instead of suggesting MSG suggest, instead, that they prompt
RCVMSG and see if they can figure it out?