Well I tried this again and it worked well - it returned CPF3202.
RTVMSGD MSGID(&RTNCODE) FSTLVL(&ERRMSG)
I am using the above to retrieve the error text.
' File &1 in library &2 in use. "
How can I get the variables to be replaced with their values?
"File CUSTFILE in library TESTLIB in use"
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Stone, Joel
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 11:56 AM
Subject: get MSGID of error that caused abend (instead of CPF9999 errorID)
I have a CL with MONMSG(CPF9999) as the first line.
MONMSG MSGID(CPF9999) EXEC(GOTO CMDLBL(ABENDPGM))
At the end of the CL, I would like to retrieve the actual MSGID which caused the problem (NOT the CPF9999 ID, but the msg previous to that).
I tried the obvious *PREV to get the previous msgID, but no luck.
For example, I want to retrieve CPF3202 "File CUSTFILE in library TESTLIB in use".
This outbound email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Skyscan service.
For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.com