I have a CL with MONMSG(CPF9999) as the first line.

MONMSG MSGID(CPF9999) EXEC(GOTO CMDLBL(ABENDPGM))

At the end of the CL, I would like to retrieve the actual MSGID which caused the problem (NOT the CPF9999 ID, but the msg previous to that).

ABENDPGM:
RCVMSG MSGID(&RTNCODE)

I tried the obvious *PREV to get the previous msgID, but no luck.

For example, I want to retrieve CPF3202 "File CUSTFILE in library TESTLIB in use".

Any ideas?

Thanks

This outbound email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Skyscan service.