Re: Recommendations for Low End IBMi that Supports Multiple LPARS

fixed

Thanks but I'm out of iDevCloud now. It's Larry and Pete that have it all.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects

On 1/11/2013 8:37 AM, Richard Schoen wrote:
Thanks Jim.

I will probably contact you and Larry to discuss options.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
Where Information Meets Innovation
Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business Intelligence
Email:richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site:http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 736-5800
Fax: (952) 736-5801
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

message: 1
date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 08:05:43 -0600
from: Jim Oberholtzer<midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Recommendations for Low End IBMi that Supports Multiple
LPARS

How much storage do you need? How many users?

I'm guessing a POWER 720, 8202-E4C four way might do the trick, and since it's a P05 box the software is not too extreme. The big downside,
no expansion chassis on the 4 way. You would also use either VIOS or
IBM i to host the secondary partitions. A 720 six way gets you
multiple chassis (lots of storage) and such, but it's also a P10 box so the IBM i licenses get a bit more.

Cloud based solution maybe? I hear there are a couple of guys on the list that might have a great solution for you.