RE: Recommendations for Low End IBMi that Supports Multiple LPARS

fixed

OK, that made my morning :-)

I am trying to imagine hanging head-first in a dumpster and lifting out an old iSeries....

We currently are using a hosted IBM virtual loaner program for V6R1 and V7R1 support which actually works quite well. We've been using for almost 2 yrs now.

Ideally I would rather not have another box in-house if possible, so I could stay with what we're doing, go with another cloud offering or get hardware.

I need to get current on the Partnerworld discounts, but if I recall correctly the discounts were shrinking on low-end hardware.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
Where Information Meets Innovation
Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business Intelligence
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 736-5800
Fax: (952) 736-5801
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

message: 4
date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 09:14:41 -0500
from: rob@xxxxxxxxx
subject: Re: Recommendations for Low End IBMi that Supports Multiple
LPARS

I would also like to believe, that, as a software vendor, you should have
access to special pricing from IBM. Which may make a newer machine more
attractive than dumpster diving.