Re: Recommendations for Low End IBMi that Supports Multiple LPARS

fixed

How much storage do you need? How many users?

I'm guessing a POWER 720, 8202-E4C four way might do the trick, and since it's a P05 box the software is not too extreme. The big downside, no expansion chassis on the 4 way. You would also use either VIOS or IBM i to host the secondary partitions. A 720 six way gets you multiple chassis (lots of storage) and such, but it's also a P10 box so the IBM i licenses get a bit more.

Cloud based solution maybe? I hear there are a couple of guys on the list that might have a great solution for you.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects