Yes, MF PTFs will apply on an unattended abnormal, but not of the SI PTFs will apply.

Pete Massiello
iTech Solutions

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeff Crosby
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:01 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: PTF apply after abnormal shutdown

In another thread was my story about the power outage we had last Friday, which resulted in an abnormal shutdown.

I had the entire latest cume PTF set to apply during an IPL which I was going to do over a weekend.

When we brought the system up after the abnormal shutdown, it did not apply PTFs. However, it does look like it applied the LIC PTFs (5770-999) as there are none set to apply. Is this the expected behavior, that these PTFs would still be applied after an abnormal shutdown?

Jeff Crosby
VP Information Systems
UniPro FoodService/Dilgard
P.O. Box 13369
Ft. Wayne, IN 46868-3369

The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily the opinion of my company. Unless I say so.