I think to install a cume package via save files/*SERVICE is a futile
attempt at best. I spent 7 hours today fixing a system that got hosed
to missing ptfs, save files, etc. Long story short, DVD or ISO's for

It's hard for me to contest this--there's others agreeing and they have
more experience than I do. But I've been downloading all new group PTF's
every Tuesday, applying them every Sunday, for the last 10 years using the
Java downloader and applied using *SERVICE. That includes CUMEs, and I've
never had an issue.

Andrew  Lopez
Systems Analyst

Phone:   803-714-2037

Email: ALopez@xxxxxxxxxx

This message and any attachments should be treated as proprietary to the sender
and confidential to the identified recipients and should not be disclosed to or
used by anyone other than the intended recipient unless pre arranged with the
sender. If you are not an addressee of this communication, have received this
e-mail by transmission error of the sender, recipient or due to another
originator by an error in transmission, you are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying, use, distribution, or taking of any action in reliance on
the contents of this information is prohibited. In any such event, please
notify the sender immediately by contacting Spirax Sarco Inc., 803 714 2000 or
accepts no responsibility for software viruses and all recipients should check
for viruses before opening any attachments.