Re: HMC access from green screen?

fixed

Hi Jeff -

On Mon, 10 Dec 2012 15:34:45 -0600, "Jeffrey Carey"
<Jeffrey.Carey@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Instead of using IBM i Access' emulator, I'm trying to start a console session on my HMC from a green screen telnet session on an LPAR. I do get to the "pick a language" screen, but any input gives me "key not valid."

Has anyone done this successfully, or is the mapping provided by telnet incompatible?

It wasn't HMC access, but I did have some problems with telnet to
other i systems which I solved by explictly specifying KBDTYPE(USB) on
the TELNET command.

Ken