Re: config for a low end 710 or 720

fixed

I would vote for a low end 720 over the high end 710.
The 710 runs out of slots very quickly and no expansion.
8 gb is plenty of memory for 3-5 users.
I have always liked 4 drives mirrored for low end boxes.
Cached raid is a lot faster but the $$$ goes up.
They seem to be pushing rack mounted these days.