Sam,

Instead of having index adviser create the index for you, use the "Show SQL" option in the drop down(At V7 it's the third item) You will see output like: (I just picked this one because it was near the top, it's an example)

/* Creating index BPCS6F.IIM_INDEX_00001
When creating this index the database connection should have a sort sequence of *HEX.

-- System name: myhost.mydomain.com
-- Database: myhost Advised Indexes for myhost
-- Times Advised for Query Use: 6110480
-- First Advised: 7/22/12 8:05:44 PM
-- Last Query Use: 12/4/12 5:24:37 AM
-- Reason Advised: Row selection
-- Estimated Index Creation Time (seconds): 00:00:05
-- Rows in Table when Advised: 95434
-- Average of Query Estimates (seconds): 0.0001
-- Most Expensive Query Estimate (seconds): 3
-- Index Type Advised: Not unique */
CREATE INDEX BPCS6F.IIM_INDEX_00001 ON BPCS6F.IIM (IID ASC, IPROD ASC);

/* Setting label text for BPCS6F.IIM_INDEX_00001 */
LABEL ON INDEX BPCS6F.IIM_INDEX_00001 IS 'Index generated from Index Advisor';

You can strip out or modify the comments as needed. I also tend to change the names of the indices to indicate what they index, and change the text. Makes it much easier when you start getting a bunch of index objects out there.

Now you can put the SQL into a source member and allow your change control process to do its thing.....

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects