Remote Access Security, 3rd Party Tool

fixed

More of our non-IT employees are getting VPN access to our AS/400. Need to start controlling that access.

Exit points are probably the only solution to handle ODBC, FTP, JDBC, SQL, etc access. It seem to me that a 3rd party tool is something we should investigate, because there are an awful lot of exit points to cover by ourselves.

If anyone is using a Remote Access Security Manager and feels free to provide the name and comment on the effectiveness, ease of use and support, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sam

In a former life, where I wasn't the responsible party, we installed a 3rd party tool that kept out the riff-raff--I can't recall the name, but it was extremely granular and thus quite complex to manage. My research so far indicates that Powertech, Net IQ (was Pentasafe)and Enforcive (was BSafe) have products.