Dieter

I don't believe that the database monitor records any activity for RLA - I'd love to know that this has changed. But all seems focused on SQL. I could easily have msised this, but here's some info from the documentation.

From the 7.1 "Database and query optimization" manual, this statement -

The database monitor provides the same information that is provided with the query optimizer debug messages (Start Debug (STRDBG)) and the Print SQL information (PRTSQLINF) command.

And this statement -

The STRDBMON command allows you to collect statistic records for a specific set or subset of the queries running on any job.

The collection does include both CQE and SQE - perhaps that is what you are thinking about. These are easily distinguished in Navigator;s Visual Explain in the details on the right.

Reading the output of the monitor yourself is possible, albeit fairly difficult at first glance - several columns are heavily overloaded, with different data based on a record ID code - there are several helpful SQL views listed in that same manual that can help with this analysis.

But Visual Explain is the better option, very nicely presented and all.