Re: Backing up guest partitions

fixed

If you mean can you restore a hosting partition and the hosted
partition in one restore operation onto another piece of hardware
then you can certainly do that; I have done this just recently.
Obviously you need to be sure to include the hosted partition server
in the full system save of the hosting partition.

You still have to deal with the different hardware question for the
hosting partition as per a normal recovery but the guest just
magically works. In my case the HMC as the same HMC and we did a
refresh of the hardware so you may have some thinking about how to
handle the HMC portion of it and the associated virtual scsi
definitions to keep them in sycnh.