So let's get back to the question I have. Can you restore a guested lpar
simply by restoring it's hosting lpar when restoring to a different
machine? Or do things like SRM become a show stopper? I realize I may,
strike that, will, have to apply new keys and may have to monkey around
with resource names before varying on some items.

See RSTCFG "System Resource Management (SRM)"