Hi Mike -

On Wed, 21 Nov 2012 14:42:54 -0500, "Michael Naughton"
<michael_naughton@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I could add the user profile as a key to the work file, etc. -- but they all seem more involved than what I'm
doing now. Should I just figure "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", or is that likely to be short-sighted?

Is there now, or will there ever be in the future, *any* possibility
that the same user could be running multiple instances of the process

If there is *any* possibility, I would opt for using a key in the
file. That way you can key on more than 10 bytes and could use some
kind of unique session identifier rather than just a user profile.

Note that you could also do something like this with a file name in
the IFS outside of /QSYS.LIB/, however if the current process doesn't
use the IFS at all, that would probably not be a good choice.