FYI.

Figured it out a couple weeks ago.

I had something like this working in a non-BizTalk environment and Windows 2003.

This configuration was Windows 2008, which along with Windows 7, has changed the authentication method. I am in the process of planning the change from PWDLVL 0 to 2 and have made the change to my Test LPAR. I asked the developer to point the BizTalk server to that LPA and boom, it worked.

Anyway, probably a common gothca but the first time I came across it. Just passing it along.

Good mornin'.

I'm working with someone who's trying to get BizTalk to run a program on the iSeries. The program is extremely simple as this is just the POC . It really doesn't look like it's firing >anything off. When I run a communications trace, I see the connection come in on port 446 (not sure that's right) where is supplies the user ID and password and then.. that's it. I >see the iSeries get the UID/PWD and then the next packet I see is the iSeries send an "ACK PSH" and then the iSeries sends a "FIN ACK PSH".. telling me, it's done with it.

The end goal, after POC, is to get it to run a program that will pull a bunch of policy data together, put it on a database that the BizTalk server will read to finally put it into an >enterprise schema for whatever system is calling for the data.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with this and might have a good 'Hello World" example or link that I can use. I can only seem to find bits and pieces of this but not a good, >basic example.

Confidentiality: This transmission, including any attachments, is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). This transmission may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. The use or disclosure of the information contained in this transmission, including any attachments, for any purpose other than that intended by its transmittal is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized interception of this email is a violation of federal criminal law. If you are not an intended recipient of this transmission, please immediately destroy all copies received and notify the sender.