There are SMS gateways that do that, but I believe the costs are high
to run it. You really can't lookup phone carriers that I know of with
all of the number porting happening these days.

Also note, we have discovered that if sending email to SMS, some
providers (like Verizon) only allow so many messages to be sent per
hour. So we had to write a program to slowly send out emails in
batches of something like 100 per hour. I don't recall the specific
numbers. We have a high volume of Verizon customers in the area so we
haven't found the limits for other services like AT&T.

Mike Wills

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Chris Bipes