I have a requirement to send text messages directly from my iSeries V6R1. I will have a database with Cell phone number but not carrier.

I have found one vendor with a JAVA API's to send using their service from any platform. Is there a way to look up a Cell phone number and find the carrier so we can send via email gateways? Is there a way to send SMS text messages directly without an email gateway? We are looking at sending 24K per month to start.

Chris Bipes